Hi guys! I hope you’re enjoying your weekend. Each Sunday I plan my meals for the week, and this new recipe I’m sharing with y’all, will be part of my rotation. It is one of my favorites I’ve ever created!
GOOD news, it’s grain-free!! Surprise, surprise. If you have dietary restriction like gluten or corn, you can eat this!! It’s super easy to make, especially if you’re having guests. Make it earlier in the day and pop it in the oven 10 minutes before you want to eat!
In this recipe I use two products from Siete – tortillas and enchilada sauce. If you’ve made any of my other grain-free meals, you’re prob familiar with this brand. I love Siete SO much! They have the best grain-free substitutes and healthy sauces. I find many of their products at my local grocery store or on Thrive Market.
As y’all can probably tell, I enjoy taking classic dishes and putting a healthy spin on them. This Mexican dish turned out delish!! You can make meals good for you while tasting amazing. Luke legit, inhaled these! See below for the ingredient list and a steps to make these yummy grain-free enchiladas! Enjoy!
1. Make the crockpot chicken 4 hours before you want to eat – my recipe is linked here. Another option would be to buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store, shred and use it.
2. Once the crockpot chicken is done cooking, shred and set aside.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté sliced yellow onions in olive oil. Once translucent (about 5 min.) add in peppers, season with salt/pepper to taste and continue to cook for 5 minutes until vegetable mixture is soft.
5. Take a 9×12 baking dish and spread 1/4-1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom.
6. Place one tortilla on a clean surface and/or plate. Pile on shredded chicken and vegatable mixture. Tightly roll up and place on top of enchilada sauce in the baking dish. Repeat with all tortillas. I fit 8 long and two on the side – see picture.
7. Pour another 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on top of rolled enchiladas and sprinkle on both cheeses.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Pull out of the oven and add cilantro and avocado to top.
10. Dish up and serve immediately on top of arugula (optional). Enjoy!
H A L L O W E E N // Too soon?! Nope!🦇🦇🦇 Muahahaha! If you’re new to following me, I’m obsessed with Halloween!🖤 These little BATS were last years best seller! SO fun!!🦇 If ya wanna set up a space like this, ya better get on it witches!!🧙🏻♀️ Currently thinking about what I want the fam to be AND planning this years decor in the new house!!🏠 Head over time the @liketoknow.it app to shop!!🖤
GOOD news, guys!! I finally found a bug spray and insect trap that are SAFE a la @zevoinsect #ad Ya’ll know I’m all about clean products and this one works amazing! I used it on our last trip in the Airstream and now I use it in our home. It has NO harsh chemicals and the spray uses essential oils like Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol! Zevo is now available at Home Depot Stores and on homedepot.com. Click the link in my bio or head to my Stories to purchase! #WaySmarterThanBugs #AvailableAtHomeDepot...
H O M E // Living room deets!😍 My new fave decor, grasses!!🌾 Loving these bleached dried beauties🤍🤍🤍 AND they’re such a good deal! Added them to my @benjaminmoore “Hale Navy” bench setup - such a charming spot in our home!💙 Sharing this space and all my fave coffee table books over on the @liketoknow.it app! #sbkliving
A I R S T R E A M // Morning, guys!! I spy a cute lil’ bébé!!👶🏼 We had SO much fun on our first airstream adventure, that Luke and I are already planning our next trip for this fall!🍂 Pumpkin patches, here we come!!!🤗 On today’s story I’m sharing July’s best sellers including 4 items from our trailer bedroom👉🏻 $69 gray farmhouse comforter, antelope pillow cover, budg pillow insert andddddd the best knit blanket in all of the land! Head over to the @liketoknow.it to shop... baby not included😜 #sbkliving #airstream #bedroom
F A M I L Y // What a difference a year makes... ❤️ From pregnancy to a home birth and now having my little Fordy by my side each day. It’s been the biggest blessing especially in this crazy time. Motherhood has taught me so much but most of all, to slow down and cherish each moment❤️ We’ve all been given the gift of TIME together in 2020. I asked you guys what are some positive things that have come from quarantine and the Covid world we are living in. Most if not all responded with, TIME with my family❤️ How special is that? Sending out much love to all of you who have decided to see this year as an opportunity for family, connection and love❤️
H O M E // Neutrals on neutrals!!😍 I often get asked if it’s ok to mix creams and grays... my answer, YES!! Case in point - my living room! Love how the “stone” colored sofa compliments my warmer area rug, poufs and accent chairs!🙌🏻 Mix in pillows and throws and it’s legit, cozy perfection!!☺️ Linked this space including my sectional that’s on SALE (20% off!!) over on the
@liketoknow.it app!! Click the link in bio!🙋🏻♀️