Kale & Butternut Squash Salad Details
Howdy, boos! As many of you know, I’m in the midst of my 4th “clean” November, eating 95% Paleo. This salad is a great option for those who eat gluten free, are vegetarian and paleo – just omit the cheese! If you’re looking for a bit more substance, add protein on top. I had some leftover crockpot chicken I put on mine. 🙂
Come fall, I’m ALL about kale and squash. I would literally eat squash EVERY SINGLE DAY – spaghetti and butternut are my faves! I whipped up this easy and delish salad as a quick dinner option. The only two things you actually need to “make/cook” are, the lemon dressing and roasted squash. Both are very simple and could be made days before if you’re prepping earlier in the week. Note: the butternut squash is great hot and/or cold on the salad! 😉
If you’re looking for Thanksgiving recipes, this salad would be a good lighter option to make.
Let’s get to cookin’! Comment below with any questions.
(Makes 4 servings)
1 pack of kale
2 cups of roasted butternut squash
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1/4 C lemon dressing – recipe here
1/2 C dried cranberries
1/2 C roasted almonds (salted or unsalted)
1/2 shaved manchego cheese
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (1-2 Tbsp). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once oven is heated, roast squash for 25-30 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
4. While the butternut squash is cooking place kale into a large salad bowl and toss with lemon dressing.
5. After the squash is cooked, add all of the remaining ingredients to the top of the salad: butternut squash, dried cranberries, roasted almonds and cheese. Enjoy!
*Optional – add protein such as roasted chicken or salmon.
Shop Kitchen Items