Yum, yum, yum!! You guys are going to LOVE these! I’ve been wanting to create my own version of grain-free brownies, and y’all, I finally did it! I’m always trying to make traditional sweets a bit more healthy. Brownies are one of Luke and my favorite treats, especially during the holiday season. I accomplished this by using almond flour, honey, ghee and almond butter. So this means they are very GOOEY rather than cakey, which I prefer! AND great news, these brownies are gluten and grain FREE!
To give them a holiday twist, I added in a bit of peppermint. These are one of Luke’s favorites… he ate almost the entire batch this week! 🙂 The peppermint brownies are a great “healthy” sweet treat to whip up for your family this holiday season. See below for ingredients and steps to make them. Enjoy!
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup crushed peppermint
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together almond flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and honey.
4. Melt ghee and mix into wet ingredient bowl.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients with a spatula.
6. Add almond butter into mixture and stir.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the crushed peppermint.
8. Pour batter into a 9×9″ greased baking pan. Pat down evenly. Sprinkle the remaining peppermint on top.
9. Bake for 17-22 minutes. Note: the less you cook, the more gooey the brownies will be.
10. Let cool and enjoy! This recipe makes 16 brownies.
*If you have some crushed peppermint left, sprinkle on top when you pull it out of the oven. It’s more for looks and a bit of crunch 😉