Howdy ho there, guys! Today I’m sharing another healthy recipe with y’all and it’s perfect for warm weather days. My summer slaw salad is light, refreshing and super crunchy!! Add a protein on top like chicken, fish and/or an egg and you have a complete meal.
Below I’ve listed out the ingredients and steps for making this salad and dressing. The recipe takes about 15 minutes to make, so if you’re on a time crunch, this is the perfect go-to healthy meal! It is also great for lunch leftovers. I make it all the time with the intent of having more throughout the week. Enjoy!
(makes 4 servings)
1 head cabbage (savoy or napa) chopped
1 red pepper sliced
3 large carrots sliced
1/4 cup radishes sliced
1 avocado sliced
1 packet of rice noodles
optional garnish – cilantro
1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
2 pinches of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1. Place chopped cabbage into a large salad bowl and top with sliced red peppers, carrots, radishes and avocado.
2. Whisk all ingredients for dressing together in a small bowl. Note: I squeeze one orange for the dressing rather than using store-bought juice with added sugar. Trust me, it’s much better!
3. Cook rice noodles.
4. While noodles cook, toss salad with dressing.
5. Place 1/4 of cooked rice noodles into the bottom of individual bowl.
6. Serve up 1/4 of salad on top of the rice noodles. Add a few more slices of avocado and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy!
Note: add protein to the top of the salad for a complete meal. I like grilled chicken, flank steak and/or an hardboiled egg.