Coming at you today with not only a yummy sweet treat but a great entertaining addition to a girls night, party or fun family evening. My oldest is a BIG fan of the caramel apple bits and he thinks they are SO fun to make!
Cut up your apples into bite size pieces, warm up a little caramel sauce and grab your favorite toppings… It’s time to make this festive fall treat! If you’re like me and an entire caramel apple is WAY TO MUCH, opt for these babies.
For the bar setup I used my new pieces from the BHG collection at Walmart. Loving the wood/bowl tray to display apples and caramel sauce, ramekin caddy set for toppings and stoneware platter for the finished bites. All of them are so affordable!
See below for a list of ingredients I used and steps to make. Enjoy!
4 apples chopped – I use a mix of granny smith and fuji
1 cup of caramel sauce – I use this brand
Small wooden sticks – I bought this pack on Amazon
Toppings of your choice – I used leaf sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and crush Oreo cookies
1. Warm up caramel sauce: about 10-20 sec. You still want it to be very sticky.
2. Take an apple bite and press it firmly onto a small wooden stick.
3. Place the apple bite into the caramel sauce and twirl to ensure the caramel gets onto the entire apple.
4. Immediately dip the bite into your desired topping.
5. Enjoy right way OR place on parchment paper if you’d like it to set a serve later.