Happy Sunday, guys! Posting another delicious grain free meal. This is one I make all the time, and specifically in the fall, as I love to use butternut squash. This is an easy dinner to add to your weekly meals AND it’s vegetarian. A great meatless Monday option!
I use Siete tortillas in this recipe. I love both the casava and almond flour options however the almond tortillas stay together better when rolling for enchiladas. See below for the ingredient list and steps to make.
1 pack of Siete tortillas – I used almond
1 butternut squash cubed
1 onion diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 jar of Siete enchilada sauce – red
2 cups of spinach
1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese – you can use more if you want them cheesier
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
1 avocado diced
1. Preheat the oven to roast, 400 degrees.
2. Place the cubed butternut squash, diced onion and halved cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Put veggie mix in the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until squash is fully cooked. Depends on how thick your squash is.
4. Pour 1/3 of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9″x13″ dish.
5. Change the oven to bake, 400 degrees.
6. Take a tortilla and place a pinch of spinach in the bottom. Top with the veggie mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll up the tortilla tight and place it on top of the enchilada sauce. Repeat with all tortillas.
7. Pour the final 2/3 of enchilada sauce on the rolled tortillas. Then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese and crumbled feta on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
9. Top with a diced avocado, serve up and enjoy!