TOUCHDOWN!!! I def feel like a winner after creating this FUN and delicious dinner. You guys ready?! It’s THE perfect thing to make for a football weekend. I’ve done it 3 weeks in a row and it’s happening again tonight!
I finally found a grain-free tortilla chip that holds up while I load it with all of the goodies AND broil it in the oven. It’s non other than the Siete DIP CHIP!! If you haven’t tried them, it’s time! I get asked frequently if I eat gluten/grain free because of a health issue: i.e. allergic/celiac. The answer is, no, I just feel/look better when I eat grain free. I’m happy to report to y’all when I find a great alternative like these chips!! YUM!
OK, let’s make nachos!! Below is the list of ingredients and steps to make. Enjoy!
1 lb organic skinless boneless chicken breast
1 tub of salsa
1 bag of Siete Dip Chips
1 sweet potato diced
2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 sweet onion diced
1 zucchini diced
1 red bell pepper diced
1 can of organic black beans rinsed
1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese (you can always use more)
1 bunch of cilantro
1. Crockpot the chicken – my recipe here. Start this 4ish hours before you want to eat.
2. Preheat the oven – roast 400 degrees.
3. 30 minutes before the chicken is done, place diced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are slighting browned.
4. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until translucent. Add diced zucchini and red bell pepper. Season with salt & pepper. Cook about 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Now place the oven on broil (high).
6. It’s time to make nachos! Place HALF of the bag of chips onto a baking sheet. Layer on HALF of all of the following ingredients: shredded crockpot chicken, cheese, potatoes, veggie mixture and black beans. Add the rest of the chips and layer on the remaining toppings. It’s important to layer so every chip has melted cheese and all of the ingredients!
7. Put baking sheet with the nachos into the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes to melt the cheese and get the chips lightly toasted. Keep an eye out while in the oven. They cook quick!!
8. Take the nachos out of the oven and place diced avocado and cilantro on top. Dish up and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
I tried making it today and it really turned out to be very delicious thank you so much for putting up this post.Everyone at home enjoyed a lot and appreciated me too.
SO glad to hear!