Hi y’all! I’m all about healthy eats and finding yummy grain substitutes. Great news, I just discovered THE best cauliflower pizza crust that I found right in my local grocery store’s freezer aisle! It’s delicious, light and crispy. Check out Caulipower here.
I created this Greek pizza recipe last month, and to be honest it was by complete accident. I just happen to put all of the right ingredients together! 😉 Good news, it’s on of the most delicious meals I’ve made in recent month. My husband Luke, legit wants me to make it ALL the time.
So what makes this pizza so amazing?? Rather than red pizza sauce, I experimented with a hummus base. To my surprise, I liked it better! The creamy flavor mixed with the greek toppings of peppers, onion, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, chicken and feta are the perfect mix! Oh, and not only is this pizza yummy, but it’s also gluten free! Bonus!
Cooking note: I use shredded crockpot chicken for this recipe. I start by placing 1.5 lbs of breasts and thighs (more tender) into the crockpot with one cup of fresh salsa. I then set it to low and let it cook for 6 hours. You can do this days before, the morning of or if you don’t have time, pick up a whole chicken at the store and shred it.
Ok, let’s get to cooking. Below is what you will need and the quick step-by-step guide to making it!
1. 1 cauliflower crust – Caulipower
2. 1/2 cup of hummus
3. 1 tsp olive oil
4. 1/2 cup of onions chopped
5. 1/2 cup of mini sweet peppers chopped horizontally
6. 1/2 cup of artichoke hearts
7. 1 cup of shredded chicken (I use the crockpot)
8. 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
9. 1/2 cup of feta crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Before layering on all of the toppings, sauté onions and peppers with olive oil until slightly browned.
3. Get your cauliflower crust out and smear your favorite hummus over the entire crust. It is essentially taking the place of pizza sauce.
4. Once onions and peppers are cooked, placed them on top of the hummus.
5. Layer on artichokes, shredded chicken (crockpot style), cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
6. Place pizza in preheated oven and cook for 15 min or until edges are brown.
7. Cut and enjoy!