Are y’all ready for the yummiest healthy cookies?!! I’ve been recipe testing for a few months, trying to create the perfect sweet treat. I’m happy to say, I nailed it! Not only are these babies gluten free but they are fairly low in sugar, with only 2 Tablespoons of honey in the entire batch! You can also make these babies paleo if you buy the correct chocolate chips – free of soy lecithin, grains and other non-Paleo ingredients.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative, these cookies are for you! Let’s get to baking…
2 cups almond flour
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
5 Tbsp melted coconut oil (make sure to melt before measuring)
1 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a large baking sheet.
3. Combine all dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl: almond flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Melt coconut oil in microwave.
5. Whisk together all wet ingredients into a separate bowl: coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract and water. Mix until everything is evenly combined. Takes a minute whipping the almond butter all the way into the mixture.
6. Add wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
7. Fold in coconut shreds and chocolate chips.
8. Scoop out a spoonful size amount and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Take a fork and press down on top of cookie to partially flatten (see images). Repeat for all cookies.
9. Sprinkle with sea salt.
10. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown on edges. They will look a little soft and harden once you remove from the oven. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to baking rack to finish cooling.