Hi y’all! Today I wanted to share a simple and easy recipe for my favorite breakfast tacos. These are grain-free as I use my go-to Siete almond flour tortillas. The tacos are also diary free as I don’t use any cheese BUT if you want to, go ahead and add it! I opt for avocado.
I’ve been to Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio multiple times. Last year I finally got the pleasure of traveling to Marfa, TX on a road trip – more about that here! Needless to say I’ve had many breakfast tacos in my life. AND in Texas, they take it very seriously! Ha! Is there anything better!? I think not! I was inspired to make my own healthy-ish version at home. Below are the ingredients and steps to make them. Enjoy!
8 Siete tortillas (grain-free)
1 yellow onion diced
2 sweet potato chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 can of refried beans
6 scrambled eggs
1 avocado diced
1. Sauté diced onions with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add chopped sweet potatoes to onions. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft on the inside.
3. While onion/potato mixture is cooking, scramble 6 eggs.
4. After the onion/potato mixture is done, place the beans in the microwave to heat up.
5. Now it’s time to build the tacos. Place two tortillas down per plate. Layer on a scoop of beans and smear evenly. Then add 1/4 of the onion/potato mixture. Next scrambled eggs, diced avocado pieces, salt/pepper to your liking and hot sauce if you prefer. Boom! You’re ready to eat!