Hey guys! We have left Idaho for sunny California for the next few months while our home gets remodeled… SO that means I’ll be at the farmers market weekly! It’s probably THE thing I miss most about California. They can literally grow everything. Gimme all of the veggies and fruits!
With warmer weather comes a whole lot of salads for me and the fam. Today’s recipe is a great spring/summer salad. I’ve already made it 3 times since being here, and each time, I have added a fresh piece of grilled fish. Perf for a healthy dinner! Try is with wild salmon or halibut.
See below for a list of ingredients and steps on how to make it. Enjoy!
6 cups or a small tub of arugula
1 bunch of asparagus
1 cup of quinoa
1 avocado cubbed
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
Dressing – recipe here
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 Tablespoons dijon musard
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp honey or agave
1. Cook quinoa – follow instructions on the box or bag.
2. Remove bottom stems of asparagus, cut into bite size pieces and place into medium skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and cook over medium heat – about 5 minutes until fully sautéed.
3. While asparagus is cooking, put pumpkin seeds in a small skillet. Drizzled with olive oil (just a little) and cook over medium heat until browned.
4. Make the lemon dressing – recipe here.
5. Place arugula in a large bowl. Layer on cooked quinoa, sautéed asparagus, cubbed avocado, shredded cheese and browned pumpkin seeds.
6. Place salad in fridge to cool – this is optional. I like to do this in the summer.
7. Toss with the lemon dressing right before eating. Serve up and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *