Get ready, y’all!! I’m so excited to share this healthy sweet treat recipe. My Greek Yogurt Bark is literally the perfect snack for the entire family. AND good news, it’s so easy to make. The boys tend to eat it in the afternoon and I like it for a dessert.
Depending on your taste buds, you can add what you like – different types of nut butters and fruit. In my version I use almond butter, strawberries, blueberries and chocolate chips. All of my kids favorites. If you want to create an even healthier snack and/or breakfast item, hold the chocolate chips.
The type of yogurt you select is key! Trust me, you want it to be thick and creamy. I make sure to buy plain whole milk greek yogurt. I purchase plain in our household because I don’t want the added sugar. If you care, make sure to look! A lot of flavored options (i.e. vanilla) add sugar. Here are a few brands I like: Straus Family Creamery & Wallaby Organic
See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make.
*I purchase organic when I can
2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Place parchment paper on a sheet pan or large plate/platter.
2. Pour yogurt onto the parchment paper. Use a spatula even it out. About 1/8″ thickness.
3. Drizzle almond butter on yogurt.
4. Sprinkle strawberries, blueberries and chocolate chips on top.
5. Put into the freezer for about 3 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer and break it into bark.
7. Place it in an airtight container and store in freezer.