Y’all have been asking me more skincare and beauty questions as well as for a video tutorial of my everyday makeup. Your wish is my command! 🙂 LOL This week on the blog it’s all about BEAUTY. Let’s do this!
If you watched my Instagram Story yesterday you know my number 1 product is – Lune & Aster CC Cream. It is THE most life changing tinted moisturized I’ve ever used!! Be sure to check out my “Beauty” highlight story in my Instagram profile for a video of the transformation. Stay tuned for my makeup video – coming to the blog later this week! Now let’s talk about my TOP 10 everyday beauty products…
- Lune & Aster CC Cream If I could take one beauty product with me to a desert island, this would be it! Not only does this CC cream have SPF 50 but it also has the best coverage. My skin issues like many are: dark sun spots, redness and adult acne… it’s real life, y’all! Ughhhhhh!! BUT I swear by this product. It is the best tinted CC cream that I’ve found to EVEN OUT MY SKIN. It’s legit, magical. Once you watch my video transformation, you’ll want to try it out immediately. After I finish my skincare routine in the morning, this is my first makeup step (yes, I call the tinted CC cream makeup). It creates even, moisturized and dewy skin to start building on. Also note – many days I don’t wear any foundation on top. If you’re wanting more coverage, add on the Georgio Armani Foundation next.
- Georgio Armani Foundation Y’all, I have tried SO many foundations over the past 10 years. I have 3 favorites but for everyday wear, Georgio Armani is where it’s at. It has medium coverage and feels very light-weight on your skin. Since growing up a dancer and in musical theater, I think I’m legit scared of stage makeup. The word FOUNDATION automatically makes me think about heavy and cakey product on my face. Once I tried Armani’s foundation, I was hooked. No wonder why it has a cult following?! If you invest in ONE foundation, this is it. Trust me, you’ll LOVE it!
- Beauty Blender This is THE one tool, even over nice brushes, that you NEED in your everyday makeup setup. It is such a good BLENDER, hence the name. If you’ve been on the fence, trust me, take a leap of faith! It’s a $20 investment and will change the way your makeup looks on your face. AND remember ladies, you must get this beauty WET before use – that’s THE point.
- Clé De Peau Concealer I had a friend share this product with me a few years ago. I tried it ONCE and was sold! I have under eye PUFF pretty much on the daily, so a rock star concealer is what I needed in my life. The Clé De Peau formula is heavy, meaning great coverage, and goes a long way. This is the most expensive of my top 10 products BUT I will say, it will last you FOREVER!! They just launched a new formula including SPF – YAY for that! You can never have too much protection 🙂
- Too Faced Bronzer There are many amazing bronzers out there but the Too Faced gem by far is my favorite. Not only does it have a great hue with the two-tone powder but it has HIGHLIGHT in it!! If you haven’t discovered what a highlighter can do, you NEED to. I’ll be showing you how I use it in my video tutorial coming to the blog later this week!
- Nars Blush/Highlight Duo I have been wearing “Orgasm” blush for the past 5+ years. I’m obsessed and once you try it, you will be too! It is the perfect all around color for everyday wear AND every season. You can NOT go wrong with this hue. Blush is the one beauty product I don’t usually change up as Nars is my ride or die! I just bought a new version that comes with a highlight – it’s the perfect duo!
- Almay Mascara This mascara is my DRUG STORE gem! If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know I have very sensitive eyes. This past year I wore lashes and duo eye lash glue and my eyes FREAKED out. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to latex. This is unfortunate BUT it forced me to look at cleaner options AND change up my entire skincare routine (which is another blog post…). I found not only is Almay great for sensitive eyes but I LOVE the brush. When it comes to Mascara, it’s ALL about the brush. I HATE clumpy, spider lashes and this mascara give me separated, light lashes. Just what I want!
- Anastasia Brow Pencil Ok y’all, I confess… I can’t go out of my house without putting my BROWS on! 😉 No, like really… even if I’m working out my brows must be on. Yes, I may be a bit psycho about them, but if you fill your brows in, it changes your entire face!! Trust me! My most favorite pencil is Anastasia’s gem. It is two sided – one with a brush and the other the pencil. It’s small tip is perfect to mimic mini hair strokes. You can achieve a natural look using this product.
- Buxom Lip Gloss I’m more of a gloss girl than a lipstick lady for everyday wear. I can’t say enough good things about Buxom glosses. They come in about a billion color so no matter your makeup style, there’s an option for you. My two favorite neutral colors are: “Claire” and “Dolly”. This is the number one makeup product I literally get stopped on the street about. They are A-must!!
- Cover Fix Setting Spray Now that I’ve used all of the 9 products above, I need to set my make-up. I’m not a fan of powder. I think it makes your skin look dry and let’s be honest, old. I’d rather be a bit more dewy and shiny any day of the week. I found a finishing spray is a better way to keep my makeup on longer and not become dried out. I love Cover Fix as it has a light illuminating formula.
So there you have it, boos! All of my TOP 10 everyday beauty items. As I mentioned, I’m working on a makeup video tutorial to show y’all how I use these products – stay tuned! Below are shopable links to my favorite gems.