Happy Friday, boos! I am beyond stoked to share this healthy and quick recipe with y’all. It literally takes about 15 minutes to make! Perfect weeknight meal. A few weeks ago I got inspired to take my childhood fave dish of chicken lettuce wraps a la PF Changs, and see if I could whip up a healthy version. Well, it worked!!!
Many of you have requested the deets on Instagram, and today’s the day. See below for ingredients and steps. I will be doing a cooking live using this recipe on my Instagram soon – stay tuned! Enjoy!
(makes 4 servings)
gluten free & paleo
1 lb ground chicken
½ cup of fresh salsa
1 Tbl olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 heads of butter lettuce
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 bag of cauliflower rice
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne
½ tsp himalayan salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Place olive oil, chopped onion and minced garlic into a large saucepan over medium heat. Sautée until onions are translucent – about 5 minutes.
2. While onion mixture is cooking, put ground chicken and salsa into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Should take 7-10 minutes until fully cooked.
3. After onion mixture is cooked, add broccoli slaw and cauliflower rice. Stir everything together.
4. Add spices to the vegetable mixture: cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. Be careful to not overcook – you don’t want the mixture to be mushy.
5. Drain the chicken saucepan of excess liquid and then add it the vegetables. Mix everything together!
6. Separate the butter lettuce into single cups. Scoop a heap of chicken/vegetable mixture into each cup. About 1/4 cup. Add your favorite toppings – avocado, cilantro and hot sauce. Enjoy!