Fall recipe number 2… let’s go! Today I’m putting a spin on a classic caramel apple with a pop. If you’re like me, and an entire apple dipped in caramel is a bit too much, these are for you! The sliced apple piece is the perfect amount. My son, West, loves these!
I dipped the entire slice in a dark chocolate mixture, drizzled it with caramel and added festive sprinkles on top! This is a fun recipe to make with the entire family and a great idea for a fall party. Add your favorite toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut shreds, etc. You get the point!
Below is the list of ingredients and steps to make these yummy chocolate caramel apple pops. Happy Fall!
3 green granny smith apples
wooden sticks – link here
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
caramel apple sauce – I used this brand
1. cut apples into slices.
2. take a knife and poke a slot/hole in the bottom. Press stick into slot/hole.
3. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. Stir well.
4. Place parchment paper on large plate or baking sheet.
5. Dip apple pops into the melted chocolate mixture and rotate to coat evenly. Set the pop on the parchment paper. Repeat with all apple slices.
6. Put them in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
7. Remove pops from the fridge and drizzle with warm caramel. Add desired topping on top. I used sprinkles and chocolate chips.
8. Place back into the fridge for 10 minutes to set. Enjoy!