Hello, frozen banana bites! Looking for a healthy-ish sweet treat the entire family can enjoy? This is it! My kiddos LOVE these. They’re so easy to make and you can have fun with the toppings. I tend to add hemp seeds to mine so I can “hide” nutritious ingredients for my toddlers 🙂
I like to prep these at the beginning of the week. Make sure to store in your freezer in an airtight container. They last about 5-7 days. These banana bites are gluten and dairy free.
See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make.
3 bananas sliced
1/4 cup almond butter (you can sub any nut butter)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
1. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Take a banana slice and smear with almond butter. Place another slice on top, creating a mini banana sandwich (bite). Set on parchment paper. Repeat with all bananas.
3. Put banana almond butter bites into the freezer for one hour.
4. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. About 45-60 seconds. Stir well.
5. Remove banana bites from the freezer.
6. Dip half the banana bites into the chocolate and again into the hemp seeds (if using). Place it back onto the parchment paper. Repeat with all other bites.
7. Return them back to the freezer to set. About an hour. Enjoy!
*store in your freezer in an airtight container
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *