Hey there, babes! I’m happy to be sharing my breastfeeding-friendly skincare. Today I am giving y’all the details on my morning & nighttime routines as well as the body product and beauty tools I use!
If you missed my pregnancy no. 2 skincare post, see it here! Some items I’ve continued to use after baby, but I also have NEW products I’m using. As I’ve mentioned before, I am not a doctor (obvi) and telling you what you should use on your skin. This is what I feel comfortable with and works for me. In general I like to keep everything I use as “clean” as possible.
Below, each collage is clickable. Leave a comment on this post with any questions you have!!
1. Vitamin C Pads – These are a bit spendy but worth it! C is great for brightening and lightening brown spots (hyperpigmentation). This is one of my main skin issues so I will always be using a quality vitamin C.
2. Hyaluronic Serum – This is my first step in hydration. I’ve been using it for 3 year now and have seen great results. I live in a very dry climate so adding this serum has helped to keep my skin full of moisture.
3. Eye Cream – You can’t forget about your sensitive under eye skin. I’m a big fan of using a cream in the morning prior to wearing makeup. This helps the skin stay hydrated and fresh all day long. When you apply concealer over the Bobby Brown cream it doesn’t flake!! YAY!
4. SPF – This mineral sunscreen from Biossance is one of my new favorite products! I’m all about protecting my face from the sun and this product goes on clear, hydrates your skin and is a great base to apply makeup. If you’re looking to add a new items to your routine, THIS IS IT!!!!!
5. Tinted CC Cream – I have a love affair with this Lune & Aster CC cream. I have an ENTIRE blog post dedicated to it. See it here! It’s the most hydrating and evening product I’ve ever used. I typically wear this in lieu of foundation.
1. Oil Cleanser – This face wash is my favorite I’ve ever used. I essentially give myself a mini face message at night and it takes off my makeup so easily! It’s gentle and does NOT dry out my skin! Major win!
2. Cleansing Cloth – At night I double “wash” my face. This is my second step to make sure I get everything off of my face. This is the main product that has helped reduce my acne. Gotta make sure your face is CLEAN!! It’s very gentle and is made with vitamin E, lavender and green tea.
3. Hyaluronic Serum – If ya can’t tell, this is one of my favorite serums. I use it day and night. I am all about hydration and this is the holy grail!
4. Face Oil – At night I go the extra mile and hydrate. After my serum, I apply this face oil allowing it to absorb during the night. I wake up every morning with glowy skin! YAS please!
5. Eye Cream – You may notice HYDRATION is the name of the game in the evening. This eye cream is creamy and heavy, great for nighttime. I’m a big fan of M-61 and this is one of the items in their line I can’t live without. Lucky for me it’s “clean” so I can use during pregnancy & breastfeeding.
6. Acne Patches – These patches can be used when a blemish appears on your skin. I don’t use them every night but have them handy. When I have acne I place one of these babies on it at night. It soaks up all of the oil, helping it to clear up and heal SO much faster.
7. Lip Mask – Can’t forget about your lippies! I’ve raved about this product for years. I apply it each night before I go to bed and so does Luke! 😉 hehe
Body Oil – I discovered this oil while I was pregnant. It is the same brand as my favorite face cleanser and charcoal face mask. If you are looking for some major skin hydration, this product is for you! I love the smell and glow it gives my skin.
Deodorant – I’ve been a big Native deodorant wearer for 5+ years. My favorite scent is the coconut vanilla. It’s not too overpowering and keeps me smelling fresh.
Body Lotion – I’m a big fan of this body lotion. I’ve been using it for 2+ years. It’s clean and is fragrance free.
Self-Tanner – I found this product this past year and can’t say enough good things about it! I love that it’s non toxic, smells GOOD and has great color you can build on. Ladies, you need this as part as you beauty routine!
Microdermabrasion Wand – This wand really took my self-care sessions up a notch. I love the fact I have my own personal wand to give myself the treatment AT HOME! It’s a lot less expensive than going to the spa!! Microdermabrasion is essentially a deep exfoliation. Again, sign me up! Anything to blast off my face! LOL The wand suctions away dead skin cells that clog your pores, leading to inflammation, spots, blackheads and acne breakouts. It also stimulates the skin promoting circulation, accelerating skin tissues development and collagen production. I use this wand once a week.
Ice Roller – I’m a big fan of rolling/massaging the face. For one, it feels great! It also de-puffs the face (my favorite benefit), helps with lymphatic drainage and reduces redness from breakouts. I typically do this 3-4 times a week. I store it in my freezer, grab it in the morning when I’m making my coffee and roll out my face.
Body Wash – I mentioned I’ve used the Native deodorant for years so when I saw they launched body wash, I was in! I love all of their scents and the fact it is clean. It’s the perfect addition to your shower!
Dermaplanning Device – I started to do this to myself at home and it’s SO easy. if you don’t know what dermaplaning is, it is essentially shaving your face. Ha! I don’t have a ton of hair however it’s really nice to have smooth skin. My products penetrate deeper and my makeup lays better. The hair on my face does NOT grow back darker, more full or prickly. Don’t worry ladies! 😉
Face Steamer – If ya’ll have been watching my Instagram stories you’ve seen me use this steamer. I’ve really stepped up my at home spa game with these product. I like to steam before I use the microdermabrasion wand and/or apply a face mask. It really help product get deeper into the skin, which allows for better results! I highly recommend this!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *