Healthy Chicken Soup Recipe Details
I have been obsessed with making soups and stews in a Crok-pot for the past 5 years. It has become my best friend come fall! Since the weather is starting to get a bit chillier in Idaho, it was time to make my first soup of the year!
I whipped up this healthy chicken soup a few weeks ago on Instagram and many of you requested I do a blog post about it… here it is, boos! Let me first start out by saying it’s THE easiest soup to make!! Hence my use of the Crok-pot. If ya’ll have not discovered this magical kitchen appliance, it’s time!!
There are TWO main reasons why I love to use a Crock-pot…
 The slow cooking allows for your food to have THE best flavor possible!
 It fills up the house with the yummiest smell!
Ok, let’s get to cooking! Below are all of the ingredients you will need as well as the super duper easy steps to making the soup.
(makes 4-6 servings)
Paleo & Gluten-Free
1.5 to 2 lbs of skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 cup of fresh salsa
1 sweet onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 red pepper chopped
1 orange pepper chopped (or any other color you prefer)
1/2 jalapeño diced (omit if you want less spicy)
6 large carrots peeled and chopped
1 sweet potato chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 cups of chicken broth
*Garnish (optional) – sliced avocado, cilantro, lime and tortilla chips (I use Siete, grain-free so it’s Paleo)
1. Place chicken breasts and salsa into Crock-pot
2. Add in all vegetables, spices and broth. Basically throw it all in the pot once you’ve chopped, diced and/or mined. It’s that easy!
3. Place lid on Crock-pot, set on LOW and cook for about 6 hours or until chicken shreds.
4. Once the soup is cooked take a fork and shred all of the chicken.
5. Serve warm and garnish with your liking. I topped of the soup with avocado, cilantro, my fave Siete chips and a squeeze of lime. #nomnom
Shop Kitchen Items