Hello, best BOWL in all of the land! Yup you heard it here… this is probably my favorite recipe I’ve created to date. It’s the perfect mix of grains, veggies, high quality fats, protein with a hint of spice. A very well rounded and satisfying meal if you ask me!
This has become a weekly staple that can be made anytime of the year. It really hits the spot! See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make the bowls. Heads up – give yourself a little over an hour to marinade your fish and cook the rice. It’s super easy to whip together!
1.5 pounds salmon (I used wild)
2 cups of short grain brown rice
4 cups of chicken broth
Toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Tablespoons of dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of honey
3 cloves of minced garlic
black pepper & sea salt to taste (I use a few pinches of each)
7-8 sliced persian cucumbers
2 diced avocados
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 chopped serrano pepper
1/2 block of crumbled feta cheese
Lemon Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 juiced lemon
2 Tablespoon of dijon mustard – Maille is my preferred mustard
2 minced cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of honey
1. Place all marinade ingredients (coconut aminos, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, pepper, sea salt) into a bowl and whisk together. Put the salmon into a large ziplock bag with marinade – move around so the marinade cover all of the fish. Let it sit for at least an hour before cooking.
2. In a small saucepan cook the 2 cups of rice. Use chicken broth instead of water – around 3.5-4 cups. I also add a Tablespoon of olive oil and a few pinches of sea salt. Follow cooking instructions on bag/box.
3. While the rice is cooking, prep the salad. Place the sliced cucumbers, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, chopped serrano and half a block of crumbled feta into a large bow.
4. Whisk together lemon salad dressing. Toss salad with the dressing. Set aside.
5. Grill salmon on the BBQ – around 600 degrees. 4-6 minutes on the skin side, flip and cook for a remaining 2 minutes. *depends on the thickness of your fish
6. Build your bowl! Place a scoop of the brown rice on the bottom followed by the salad mixture and a piece of salmon. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top. Enjoy
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *