Coming at y’all with another healthy recipe! I am a huge soup lover especially during winter months. This nom nom recipe was inspired by my Trip to Japan a few years ago. It’s a combo of a hot pot and ramen soup with a healthy twist. I’m mixing all the vegetables with my favorite gluten-free rice noodles! It’s is a great vegetarian meal – just omit the egg on top.
See below for the ingredient list and steps to make this delicious soup! Enjoy!
1 bag of cauliflower (or one head chopped)
3 large carrots peeled and chopped
1 head of kale cleaned and chopped
2 cups of crimson mushrooms chopped
8 cups of vegetable stock (or chicken)
1 pack of rice noodles
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
3 Tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce)
1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
1 teaspoon of sriracha
Toppings – hardboiled eggs, chopped green onion, chopped jalapeño, sesame seeds
1. In a dutch oven or large saucepan place olive oil, cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft. About 5 minutes.
2. Add in minced garlic, grated ginger and sesame oil. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Mix in broth tamari, coconut aminos, sriracha to vegetable mixture and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in chopped kale. Cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
5. Add dry rice noodles to soup and cook for about 3 minutes or until fully cooked.
6. Enjoy! Top your soup with desired toppings: egg, green onion, jalapeño and/or sesame seeds.