As I write this recipe the weather is transitioning from fall to winter. It happens about this time in the mountains! I may not be quite ready for it, BUT here we go! That means warm meals are going to be where it is at.
This is the perfect time to share my slow cooker roast recipe with y’all! It’s THE most satisfying dish, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth. AND let’s not forget that your house smells AMAZING! *chef’s kiss*
We get a cow each year that is grass feed/finishes from our Diary farm, and literally, it’s the best meat I’ve ever had. This is why I started to cook more beef. If you can get your hands on quality meat, it’s a game changer. I created this recipe with simple, nutritious ingredients. It’s easy to make and is a great hearty meal during colder months.
I’ve made it numerous times for new mamas. A great postpartum meal and easy to freeze. See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make. Enjoy!
4-5 lb Beef Roast
5 large carrots peeled and sliced
1 sweet onion diced
1 sweet potato diced
1 cup butternut squash diced
2 cups beef broth
4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons worcestershire
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon agave
5 garlic cloves minced
2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon rosemary
2 teaspoon basil
1. Turn crockpot on low.
2. Mix spices together in a small bowl – pepper, salt, garlic powder, rosemary and basil.
3. Place meat into the crockpot and rub both sides with spice mixture.
4. Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, worcestershire, dijon mustard, agave and garlic in a medium bowl.
5. Pour over meat. cover both sides.
6. Put all veggies into crockpot – carrots, onions, sweet potatoes and squash.
7. Pour beef broth on top and cover with crockpot lid.
8. Cook 7-8 hours until meat falls apart EASILY.
9. Serve in individual bowls and enjoy! I like it on a bead of spinach and add avocado on top.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *