Pumpkin Bar Details
Let’s start the week with a healthy sweet treat, mmmmkayyyy! You guessed it, I’m finally sharing my pumpkin bars! Fall is here, so it’s all about pumpkin. Ya feel me?! Fun fact: during my pregnancy, I’ve been craving everything pumpkin flavored. Ya, even in summer! This baby really knows what mama likes! 😉 lol
These bars are grain-free, making them gluten free, paleo friendly and a bit healthier. AND an extra bonus, they are vegan! You’re welcome! 🙂 . The pumpkin bars are very easy to make, taking about 5 minutes to whip together. If you’re looking for a brownie-like consistency, these babies are for you! They are moist, flavorful and a great “healthy” sweet treat option.
See below for the list of ingredients and quick steps to make my pumpkin bars! Leave a comment with any questions.
(makes 16 bars)
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 overripe large banana
3 Tbsp of honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp almond flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk all wet ingredients together in a medium bowl until mixed evenly – almond butter, pumpkin puree, mashed banana, honey and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredient in a small bowl – almond flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
5. Add in dark chocolate chips to mixture if desired.
6. Pour into 8×8″ greased baking dish. I use organic spray or coconut oil. Smooth top with spatula.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!