Healthy Chunky Monkey Cookie Details
Coming in hot with another recipe! I’ve taken classic chunky monkey cookies and put a healthy spin on them. These are one of Ford and my favorites! Trust me, if you have a toddler/kiddo, they will love them. We eat these cookies for breakfast, a snack or a treat!
I’ve found baking is a great way to “hide” super healthy ingredients for kids. In this recipe I use flaxseeds and chia seeds – both brain food, high in omega-3 fatty acids and good sources of protein!
2 ripe medium bananas
1/2 cup almond butter (you can also use peanut butter)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries (you can also use raisins)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Use a mixer (hand or KitchenAid), beat together bananas, almond butter, water and vanilla
3. In a medium bowl stir together dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxseeds, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredient. Mix until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and dried cranberries
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
7. Place 12 cookies onto the baking sheet evenly
8. If you have more banana, add a slice to the top of each cookie
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool and enjoy!
Note: I keep these in the refrigerator. You can also freeze and pull out at a later date.