Happy winter weekend, y’all! It is currently snowing like crazy in Idaho – calling for 3 feet! We just went out and cut our Christmas tree down – check out my Instagram stories. Now I’m back home and cozied up inside writing this recipe. I have been perfecting it the past month and she’s DELICIOUS! Probably one of my favorite soups I’ve ever made.
I took a classic chicken noodle soup and put my healthy twist on it. I found a few gf pasta options that are incredible. I’ll share the brands below in the ingredient list section. This has become a part of my weekly meal rotation and I’m sure it will in your home as well. Perfect for the winter season! Enjoy!
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
5 large carrots peeled & sliced
1 stalk of celery diced (entire bunch)
8 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook chicken breast for about 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the stove and shred/dice. Set aside.
2. In a dutch oven or large sauce pan heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and garlic. Cook until translucent – about 5 minutes. Add celery and carrots to the onions. Cook until veggies are soft.
3. Pour in the chicken broth to veggie mixture and add bay leaves, rosemary and thyme.
4. Add gf pasta and cook 8ish minutes. Pasta should be lightly soft – not mushy. GF pasta can get soggy fast!
5. Turn the stove to low. Place diced/shredded chicken into the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Remove bay leaves, rosemary and thyme.
7. Season with salt to your liking.
8. Dish up and enjoy! I prefer it with a slice of sourdough bread 🙂