Happy Holidays, y’all! It’s that time of year and today I’m sharing my first recipe of the season. Putting my healthy twist on the holiday favorite peppermint bark. YAY!
For reference the classic bark sugar bomb has 16 grams for one oz.!!! Say what??? I thought I’d create a much better option high in protein and low in sugar. You’re welcome 🙂
I’m using plain whole milk greek yogurt base and trust, it works SO well. Luke and I were shocked at how great it tastes! You still get the yummy hint of peppermint paired with dark chocolate!
See below for the list of ingredients and steps to make.
1/2 cup crushed pepperment
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (for melting)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Place parchment paper on a sheet pan or large plate/platter.
2. Pour yogurt onto the parchment paper. Use a spatula even it out. About 1/8″ thickness.
3. Sprinkle crushed peppermint and mini chocolate chips on top.
4. Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. 30-60 seconds.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate mixture on top of the bark.
6. Put into the freezer for about 3 hours.
7. Remove from the freezer and break it into bark.
8. Place it in an airtight container and store in freezer.