Sharing one of my favorite salads to make in the fall and winter months. I’m a big fan of salad BUT they need to have flavor. This is the perfect mixture of leafy greens, protein pack quinoa, salty olives, creamy avocado and sharp cheese! Simple yet delicious!
This is a great vegetarian meal or add a protein on top. I prefer a wild salmon – yum! See below for the ingredient list and steps to make it. Enjoy!
2 bunches of kale
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of broth (I use chicken)
1 avocado cubed
1/2 cup of green olives quartered
1/2 cup of shredded manchego cheese
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 lemon juiced
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard – Maille is my preferred mustard 🙂
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of honey
1. Cook one cup of quinoa in 2 cups of broth. I use chicken for more flavor. You could also sub water. Follow instructions on bag/box.
2. Remove kale leaves and tear into bit size piece. Put into strainer and rinse clean. Lay on a towel to dry.
3. Place kale into a large shallow bowl. Layer on cooked quinoa (it can be warm or cold), diced avocado, sliced olives and shredded cheese.
4. Whisk together the. salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, honey and salad/pepper to taste.
5. Toss salad in lemon dressing and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *