Hey there, guys! Y’all know I’m always looking for a way to make traditional recipes healthy and most of the time, grain-free! I’ve gotten asked if I eat Keto, Paleo, etc. The answer is, NO! I try to eat “clean” and stay away from sugar and grains most of the time. Every once in awhile I’ll have a good ole slice of pizza or pasta! 🙂 It’a all about balance!
With that said, I cook with cauliflower rice A LOT! It’s one of my favorite grain-free substitutes. I’ve perfected an easy and delicious recipe here, that I use in a lot of my dinner meals.
Today I put my spin on stuffed bell peppers using ground turkey, cauliflower rice and some yummy toppings. If you don’t prefer turkey, you could make these with ground beef or portobello mushrooms for a vegetarian option. In this recipe I opted for no beans as they are hard for your body to digest and hurt my stomach. BUT you can always add them in if you’d like. See below for the list of ingredients and steps to makes these beauties!
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 Cup of fresh salsa
6 mixed color bell peppers
Cauliflower rice – recipe here
1/2 Cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 diced avocado
1/4 Cup cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut bell peppers in half, clean the inside out and place in a baking dish. You’ll most likely need two dishes dependingo nt he size of your peppers.
3. Place a skillet over medium heat and cook ground turkey with salsa until meat is done. No pink inside.
4. At the same time, cooking the cauliflower rice.
5. When the meat and rice is done, combine in a bowl and mix.
6. Take the meat/rice mixture and stuff each pepper fully.
7. Sprinkle all peppers with cheese.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. You want the peppers to be soft and cheese slightly browned. I tend to like mine a bit firmer, so I cook for less time.
9. Pull out of the oven and top with more cheese (if preferred), diced avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Thanks so much for your gorgeous recipe. I had the cauliflower rice and stuffed peppers for dinner =Yum
Of course, Norah! SO glad you liked them!