Hey there, guys! I wanted to get this recipe up today just in time for Taco Tuesday! It’s SO good it has now been added to my weekly lineup of meals. These tacos are very easy to make and full of flavor. Definitely one of Luke and my faves. Pair is with a Boozie tequila lime, are you’re good to go!!
So… what makes these tacos grain-free? I found THE holy grail of shells made with CASAVA FLOUR, from one of my favorite food brands, Siete! I’ve raved about their chips and tortillas here on the blog and over on my Instagram Stories for years, and now, I’m all about these shells!! Don’t have them in your local grocery store?? NO PROB!! I buy mine online at Thrive Market – link here. If you haven’t tried Thrive, this is THE perfect time. It’s an online membership based market, selling ALL of the healthy foods at a fraction of the price. YES please!! Receive 25% off your first order + a 30-day FREE trial by clicking here! Trust me, you’ll thank me. 🙂 If you want more info about what I buy at Thrive, check out my food guide post.
Alright, time to make some grain free tacos!! See below for ingredients and steps. Please note, I use my crockpot chicken in this recipe, which I slow cook for 5-6 hours. Make sure to start this recipe earlier in the day!! Enjoy!
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
1 tub of fresh salsa
Siete grain-free taco shells – buy here
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion sliced
2 peppers sliced – I used a red and orange
1 avocado cubbed
Handful of cilantro
*Optional – limes & hot sauce
2. Once chicken is cooked, slice onion and peppers long ways.
3. Place onions in a medium sauce pan with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Cooked until slightly browned and translucent. About 5 minuets.
4. Add peppers to onions in pan. Cook for about 5 minutes longer – until peppers are slightly soft, not mushy. Remove from heat.
5. Heat shells for 3 minutes in preheated oven at 400 degrees.
6. Build your tacos!! Place shredded salsa chicken in the bottom of the shell and layer on sautéed veggies, cubbed avocado, cilantro and lime!