It’s MUFFIN time!! I’m not sure there is anything my kiddos love more than a good ole muffin on Saturday morning. I wanted to create a recipe that was packed with nutritious ingredients not the typical sugar bomb. These are the ticket! We are very into berries in our house, so blueberries it is! I try to purchase all organic foods when I can, and luckily finding a frozen option is always available.
Bonus, these muffins are gf if you purchase gluten free oatmeal. I tend to feel better when I east less grains, so I modify when I can.
These take about 30 min total to prep and bake. A fun weekend activity to do with the fam! You can also make these for the coming week. Grab and go or put them in the freezer for later. The fresh muffins will last about a week on your counter.
See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make – enjoy!
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free oatmeal
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
dash of sea salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place liners in the muffin tin. I like these.
3. In a medium size bowl mix together dry ingredients: almond flour, oatmeal, chia seeds, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda and a dash of sea salt.
4. In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
5. Add wet mixture into the dry ingredient bow. Mix until combined.
6. Fold in frozen blueberries.
7. Spray muffin lines with avocado oil. This helps when removing the muffin.
8. Add muffin mixture to each liner – about 2/3 of the way up. The muffins will rise.
9. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or toothpick comes up clean. Enjoy
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *