Happy Sunday, y’all! Waffle time anyone? Come the weekend, our fam loves a brunch moment, and this recipe is perfection. It is packed full of healthy ingredients, including many seeds that I love to “sneak” into meals without the kiddos knowing 😉 These waffles are gluten free as long as you purchase gf oats.
You could easily use this batter for pancakes if you prefer. In our home it is currently ALL about the mini waffles because we have so many fun, festive options: skeleton, snow flake, pumpkin and we just got gingerbread man. Ford LOVES to make these with me and the waffles makers create such a fun element for kiddos! At this point we have waffles at least 3-4 times a week 🙂
See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make. Note I use this Ninja Blender to mix my batter – it’s THE best!
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup almond milk (sub preferred milk of choice)
2 cups gluten free regular oatmeal
1 tablespoon flaxseed
1 tablespoon chai seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
A few pinches of sea salt
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth, batter-like. If it is too thick, add a bit more milk.
2. Plug in your waffle maker to heat up.
3. Spray avocado oil or use butter/ghee to create a non-stick surface.
4. Scoop just enough batter to fill the middle waffle maker. Shut and wait about 4ish minutes.
5. Once waffles are golden, remove from maker.
6. Optional – Garnish with berries and drizzle with a little more maple syrup or Ford likes almond butter. Enjoy!