Y’all, get ready! I’ve had the idea to create these mini peanut butter and chocolate thins for awhile and I’m glad I finally did. They turned out SO good! Luke (my husband) told me this week that he LOVED them and called them cookies. Then it came to me! They kind of have a thin mint Girl Scout cookie vibe BUT healthy-ish 😉
These are made with 5 simple ingredients. The peanut butter can easily be swapped for another nut butter option if you prefer. I love to have a few of these after dinner for a little sweet treat!
See below for the list and steps to make. Enjoy!
15 plain mini brown rice cakes – I use this brand
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet or large plate. Line up 15 mini brown rice cakes on top.
2. Place a dollop (about 1 teaspoon) of peanut butter on top of each cake and spread evenly with a small spatula.
3. Microwave dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl for about 1 minutes. Do not over cook. Stir with a fork or whisk until smooth.
4. Dip each peanut butter rice cake into the chocolate mixture and place back on the parchment paper. Your fingers will get messy but it’s worth it 😉
5. Sprinkle cakes with sea salt.
6. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set. Once they are hard, enjoy!
*Store in the fridge in a bag or airtight container