Hey there! Sharing a “healthy” twist on an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Ford is a BIG fan and helped me create this recipe last week. When you’re feeling like something sweet, but don’t want a complete sugar gut bomb, make these!
These are gluten free as the recipe uses almond flour and gf oatmeal. I prefer a buttery cookie, so I decided to try out half grass fed butter and half almond butter to bind them. It worked! If you didn’t want to use butter you could sub coconut oil. Just know it will take on that flavor. I try to steer CLEAR of granulated sugar. In this recipe I used a little maple syrup to sweeten the cookies. You could swap out honey if you’d like. I want to give y’all options!
See below for the list of ingredients and step to make.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 Tablespoon grass fed butter
3 Tablespoon almond butter – make sure its oily/creamy, I use this one
3 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips – I use mini
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl: almond flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda.
3. Melt butter in the microwave.
4. Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl: butter, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Spray cookie sheet with avocado oil or use parchment paper.
8. Scoop out a spoonful size amount and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Take a fork and press down on top of cookie to partially flatten. Repeat for all cookies.
9. Sprinkle with sea salt on top of the cookies. (optional)
10. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown on edges. They will look a little soft and harden once you remove from the oven. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to baking rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *