Happy weekend, guys! Posting a veggie packed recipe for y’all. This one is a great meatless meal to add into your weekly rotation and can be made ahead of time. Luke LOVES curry so I decided to create a recipe that was quick and easy. That means NO homemade sauce. Rather I found an amazing option with great ingredients – check it out here. Don’t make it harder than it needs to be, y’all!
Essentially chop up all your veggies, cook them in a skillet and add your favorite curry sauce. Lay it on top of fluffy quinoa and enjoy! This recipe is full of flavor and very satisfying. See below for a list of ingredient and steps to make it.
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup potatoes diced – I used different colors
2 cups butternut squash cubed
1 red bell pepper diced
1 cup carrots sliced
2 cups broccoli
1 jar of curry sauce – I use this brand
I cup of quinoa (2 cups cooked)
1. Place diced onion, garlic and olive oil in a dutch oven or large skillet. Cook over medium heat until onion become translucent.
2. While onions are cooking start the quinoa. Follow instructions on the box/bag.
3. Add potatoes and butternut squash. Cook 5-7 minutes. They should be slightly soft (not fully cooked).
4. Add peppers and carrots into the vegetable mixtures. Cook for another 5 minutes. All veggies should now be soft.
5. Mix in the broccoli. Put a lid on top of your dutch over/skillet and let “steam” for 3-5 minutes.
6. When the entire vegetable mixture is cooked, pour in the curry sauce. Mix evenly and let it heat up. Should take a few minutes.
7. Scoop a serving of quinoa into a bowl and add the vegetable curry mixture on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Made this tonight! Emptied my fridge and it was delicious and nutritious! Thanks!
YAY! so glad to hear