Buckle up, y’all! These 5 ingredient almond butter cups are AMAZING, healthy-ish and super easy to make! The entire family will LOVE them.
I’m all about putting a healthy twist on classic eats, and this one is chef’s kiss! Rather than standard peanut butter and sugar, I opted for almond butter and honey to bind the rice cakes. It made for the perfect creamy and sweet crunch! Lastly I melted dark chocolate and coconut oil to pour over each cup and pop it in the fridge to harden. Boom! This is such a great option for a sweet!
See below for ingredients and steps to make. I will be posting an Instagram Reel tutorial – make sure to check it out!
6 rice cakes crumbled – I used these: Lundberg
1 cup creamy almond butter
2 tablespoons honey – I use local
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
*other items needed: muffin tin and liners
1. In a large bowl crumble rice cakes with your hands.
2. Pour almond butter and honey into the bowl. Mix until rice cakes are fully coated and sticking together.
3. Put liners into your muffin tin.
4. Place an even amount of rice cake mixture into each cup.
5. Microwave dark chocolate chip and coconut oil in a small bowl on high for 45 seconds. Once warmed, stir them together until smooth. *make sure you don’t burn the chocolate
6. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over each cup. Note the rice cake mixture will not be fully covered (see images below). It’s more of a healthy drizzle 🙂
7. Put muffin tin in the fridge for about 30 minutes (or until they harden).
8. Peel off liner and enjoy!
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge