I’m happy to be posting another NEW recipes for you guys. I love a pizza night and wanted to create a healthy fall cauliflower crust version packed full of squash, kale and my avocado basil pesto! If you missed my Greek Chicken Cauliflower Crust Pizza post, check it out here. It is one of Luke and my favorites.
If you’re looking for a meat-less meal, this is a great option. It is super filling and full of flavor. This vegetarian recipe can also be made vegan if you exclude the cheese – always optional. I want to note, I use a frozen cauliflower crust from Caulipower. I found it at my local grocery store or it’s available online here. You can use whatever crust suits your dietary restrictions and taste preference. I tend to go down the gluten free route the majority of the time and I like the texture of this crust!
Ok, let’s get into it! See below for ingredients and steps. Please leave a comment with any questions you have.
1 cauliflower crust – I prefer Caulipower
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup of cubbed butternut squash
1/3 cup of hummus – I use a local brand I love
1 cup of packed washed kale
1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese (optional)
2-3 Tbsp. of olive oil
balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (roast).
2. Place chopped onions and cubbed butternut squash onto baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt to taste.
3. Roast squash and onions for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. While veggie mixture is roasting, place kale into a bowl. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil and salt to taste. Massage for at least one minute. Set aside.
5. Once vegetables are cooked, let them cool and set the oven at 425 degrees (bake) for pizza.
6. Place your crust onto a service to build your pizza – I prefer a cutting board or baking sheet.
7. First spread the hummus on top of the crust. Then layer on the following: pesto, kale, squash/onions mixture, and crumbled goat cheese (optional).
8. Cook your pizza for 12-15 minutes until crust is gold brown. I prefer it in a bit longer as I like a crispier crust!
9. Once you pizza is cooked, pull it out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional), cut and enjoy!