Salmon Bowl Details
Hi babes! This is my first recipe post of 2019 so of course, I wanted to start off the new year with something healthy! 😉 If you’re like 95% of people, come January, it’s time to start eating cleaning and getting the bod right and tight.
This recipe is not only gluten free but it’s also paleo – no grains, no dairy. As I mentioned on my “What I Eat” post, I eat Paleo about 80-90% of the time. This meal is a great dinner or lunch option to stay on track and eating healthy.
I love to create bowls for dinner using my favorite grain-free substitute, cauliflower rice, and this is a hit with the hubs! It’s simple, fresh and delish! See below for ingredients and steps.
Food Tip: Preparation is key to clean eating – make a big batch of cauliflower rice at the beginning of the week to use in different bowls. It saves a lot of time and makes whipping together meal super easy!
(makes 4 servings)
Paleo & Gluten Free
6 cups of arugula (one small bin or bag)
Cauliflower rice (recipe here)
1 lb of salmon
4 hard boiled eggs – I use a pressure cooker. It SO fast and easy.
1. Cook the cauliflower rice – recipe here. Note: I ended up using the cauliflower/broccoli/carrot pre-mix bag that I found in the grocery store. You can use either just cauliflower or mixed version – they are both delicious!
2. Once the cauliflower rice is done, let it simmer to stay warm. Turn the stove on med-high, place salmon in saucepan, sprinkle with salt/pepper and cook from 4 minutes until golden brown. Flip to the other side and cook for about 2-3 more minutes or until it feel firm to the touch. It should be a bit pink inside. Don’t over cook – it will be dry!
3. It’s time to build the bowl. Place 1/4 of the arugula into the bottom of the bowl.
4. Scoop 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice on top of the lettuce.
5. Set all remaining ingredients on top – 1 hard boil egg cut in half, 1/4 of an avocado sliced and 4 oz of salmon.
6. Finish off the bowl with a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!