Buckle up, y’all! These grilled fish tacos are delicious and perfect for summer. Since being in Santa Barbara for the past 2 months we’ve had THE most fresh fish! I go down to the harbor a few times a week to pick it up – lucky me! We’ve added this taco meal into our dinner rotation. I tend to use halibut but you could swap out for another fish you prefer or shrimp!
I decided to combine my cabbage summer salad with an oldie but a goodie, cauliflower rice recipe, to make THE best dinner. The combo of flavors is perfection – a little savory and a little sweet with the touch of mango! See below for a list of ingredients and steps to make. YUMMMM!
1.5 pounds of fresh fish – I used halibut
1 pack of Siete chickpea tortillas – these stay together really well!
Hot sauce – I like Siete
Cabbage Salad – recipe here
1/2 green cabbage sliced
1/2 red cabbage sliced
1 avocado diced
1 mango peeled & diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 block of feta cheese crumbled
Dressing – recipe here
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 Tablespoons dijon musard
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp honey or agave
Cauliflower Rice – recipe here
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 sweet onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
Cauliflower Rice – one package pre-chopped or one head chopped in small pieces
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. First make the cabbage salad and dressing – put all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing. More detailed recipe here.
2. Cook cauliflower rice. In a large skillet sauté chopped onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat – about 5 minutes until onions are browning and translucent. Stir in cauliflower rice. Add cumin and sea salt – stir evenly. Put in tomato paste and chicken broth. Stir into cauliflower rice mixture until evenly coated. Turn down heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Prep fish with seasoning – I used salt, pepper and paprika. Keep it simple.
4. BBQ on grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Depends on the thickness of your fish.
5. When the fish is done, remove it from the BBQ and place the tortillas on for about 20 seconds a side. Love the flavor it gives!
6. Build your taco! Place two tortillas on a plate and layer on cauliflower rice, cabbage salad and grilled fish. Finish it off with your favorite hot sauce. I use Siete!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *